Daily Meditations on the Fathering Methods of God!
Our Father in heaven wants very much to be an active Father in our lives.
However, He will not control us as though we are puppets.
We hope that the meditations will encourage you to deepen your bonds with Him in this most vital relationship of our lives.
6 - The Temple of the Holy Spirit
25. "So my counsel is: Don't worry about things - food, drink, and clothes. For you already have life and a body - and they are far more important than what to eat and wear.
26. Look at the birds! They don't worry about what to eat - they don't need to sow or reap or store up food - for your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are.
Our heavenly Father considers LIFE to be of utmost importance, and He has a definite idea about what He considers LIFE to be. According to His definition, Life for human beings consists of loving Him, obeying Him and clinging to Him. Life also means to follow His paths and live by the principles of His word.
So what is it about our body that is so important in the estimation of our Heavenly Father?
Consider these statements:
28. "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him (God) who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
(Matthew 10 NKJV)
19. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
20. For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
(1 Corinthians 6 NKJV)
16. Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
17. If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
(1 Corinthians 3 NKJV)
23. Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1Thessalonians 5 NKJV)
Do you view your body the way God does?
Father, if I have a different view of the importance of my body than You do, teach me how to consider my body as You do.
Help me to take care of it, but not let it become an idol in my heart,
in Jesus' name,
See you tomorrow, God willing,
when you'll find a new thought here to challenge you!
Meanwhile, have a great day walking with the Lord!